Saturday, December 23, 2006

Type as Art

I've always loved the simple beauty of black and white so you can imagine how excited I was when I saw these incredible monogrammed milk glass jars by CoriKindred. Hmmm, now I just need to figure out where I MUST put them...and who would have guessed an "M" just for me?! What a great niche! Etsian trixiedelicous has an awesome selection of vintage china with beautifully hand painted typography on them...I can see a whole set on my wall (the simple black & white designs are my favorite)...now I just need to come up with a theme or words I may want to collect!
P.S. I'm kind of a typography nerd, I love reading about fonts used at the end of novels (bring it back publishers!)...here is a fun site dedicated to type as art.

2 comments:

cindy said...

these are fantastic. cori is very creative.

sulu-design said...

Oh, yeah... those milkglass jars are beautiful. I'm enjoying your blog (visiting for the first time today) and think that sites like yours are so necessary, considering the overwhelming number of etsy shops. Thanks!